Last Modified: March 16th, 2021
2. Personal Information We Collect
When you interact with the Website, we may collect information—some of which may identify you—such as:
· First and last name;
· Username and password;
· Email address;
· Phone number;
· Physical address;
· Postal/mailing address;
· IP address;
· Unique device ID or other online identifier;
· Payment information, such as credit card payment data; and
· Personal information you choose to provide in comments, forums, and other narrative forms.
We refer to information that can identify you as “personal information.” We may also collect general information about the equipment you use to access the Website, your operating system and browser type, the services that you use, times and dates of your interactions with the Website, details of your transactions through and interactions with the Website, and software event data.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect information:
· Directly from you when you provide it, including by contributing comments or other text to our forum or blog, setting up an account and personal profile, purchasing goods or services through the Website, or participating in promotions.
· Automatically as you interact with the Website, such as approximate location, data on browsing activities and patterns, times and dates of logins, and event data.
· From third parties, including analytics providers, that we use to operate the Website and its services.
· From social media platforms linked from the Website, such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube, if you “Like,” “Follow,” or otherwise interact with our page or profile on that platform.
4. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use or disclose your information for one or more of the following business purposes:
· Managing our Website and presenting its contents to you, and improving the Website’s performance – including your experience on the Website when you return.
· Providing the information, goods, and services you’ve requested or agreed to receive.
· Enabling you to interact with Website features, such as real-time chat functionality during live-streamed events.
· Enabling you to participate in promotions through the Website.
· Administering your account and subscriptions.
· Processing your online payments and reporting payment attempts to you.
· Carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any transactions entered into between you and us, including for billing, collection, and customer support. This includes, without limitation, enforcing our (A) TERMS OF SERVICE FOR LIVE AND (B) TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GOODS.
· Informing you about new features of the Website.
· Marketing our products and services to you and sending you newsletters. For example, if you purchase a subscription to the Website, you will be added to the following newsletter mailing lists (you may also provide your email address at the Website to sign up for the following mailing lists without purchasing a subscription):
o Bonsai Mirai Community Mailing List
o Bonsai Mirai Live Community Mailing List
o Bonsai Mirai Live Pro Subscribers Mailing List (only if you are a Pro subscriber of the Website)
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
5. How We Share Information
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We use third parties to host the Website, design and operate the Website features, and perform administrative, analytics, payment processing, advertising, and communications services. Services these parties provide include processing your payments made through the Website, enabling us to send you email newsletters and marketing materials, enabling real-time chat features, and providing information to us about the use of the Website and viewing of our content. We may disclose your personal information to these companies so they can carry out these business purposes on our behalf.
Currently, we use the services listed below for analytics and ad-serving. Note that they may set and access their own cookies and web beacons on your device, and they may have access to related usage information. We provide links where you can access additional information on their practices.
Google LLC Services
· Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. We use Google Analytics with the add-on “_anonymizeIP()” so that the IP addresses later transmitted to Google are shortened and modified in advance on European servers to prevent any direct references to particular persons. You may be able to prohibit Google from collecting and analyzing the cookie-generated data about your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
· Google Adwords. Google AdWords is an ad-serving service offered by Google that uses technologies—such as cookies—to display ads (including our ads) based on your visits to the Website. So you may see our ads displayed on other websites you visit, or in your Google search results. Like Google Analytics, Google may share information obtained through its AdWords service with other Google services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google more generally, visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
Facebook Inc. Services
· The Website utilizes Facebook’s conversion tracking pixel. This pixel (like cookies, the pixel is a small piece of code) allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to the Website after clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. We cannot see the personal data of any individual user, but the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook – and Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for its own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy. See https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook conversion tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
For more information on how targeted advertising works generally, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
Promotions. We may offer promotions through the Website that may require registration. By participating in a promotion, you agree to the terms, conditions and/or official rules that govern that promotion, including terms related to the disclosure of your personal information.
Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may also disclose personal information to enforce or apply our Terms of Service (A) TERMS OF SERVICE FOR LIVE AND (B) TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR GOODS, or if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; and (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Website, its users, or the public.
Business Transfer. We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all information related to the Website, including, without limitation, your personal information and usage information: (y) to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Website or applicable database; or (z) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our equity interests and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process or during any bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
6. Sales of Personal Information.
We have not sold, and—except in connection with a business transfer (described above)—we will not sell your personal information.
7. Links to Other Websites, Social Media Platforms, Mobile Applications, and Services
Personal information is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Only those of our employees and agents who need access to your personal information to do their jobs are allowed access, each having signed confidentiality agreements or otherwise subject to a duty of confidentiality. In some instances, personal information is encrypted during storage and transmission, and our website uses the https protocol.
While we make reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from the Website, and you assume all related risks.
We regularly review the information that we collect and store. We retain your personal information until you request that we delete it. In certain cases, we may be required to continue to retain your data to comply with applicable law or in connection with a legal claim.
9. Other Information
Lawful Bases. We collect and process your personal information only when we have a lawful basis to do so. Lawful bases include your consent, the fulfillment of our contractual rights or obligations, complying with applicable law, and the legitimate interests of International Bonsai Mirai, LLC, or third parties (provided that processing your data for a legitimate interest does not outweigh your rights and freedoms). Examples of a legitimate interest include (a) analyzing user data to maintain and improve the Website for all users; (b) providing you with access to the Website and related goods and services; (c) providing you with up-to-date information about new features of the Website; (d) engaging third-party service providers to deliver certain features of the Website; and (e) complying with record retention laws or other legal obligations. You may withdraw your consent or object to a legitimate interest at any time by contacting us at the information provided below.
Do Not Track. Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Website does not respond to DNT signals.
Children Under 18. The Website is not intended for children under 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not use the Website or submit any personal information through the Website.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided their personal information to us, please contact us and we will delete that information.
10. Your Choices and Privacy Rights; Our Contact Information
Your Choices. If you choose not to provide personal information, you may be unable to access or use the Website or certain Website features. For example, if you do not provide your name you will be unable to create an online account.
Your Privacy Rights. You may access and update the personal information you provided to set up your account, or terminate your account, at any time through your account. If you would like to obtain a copy of all personal information gathered by the Website, terminate your account, or if you would like to correct or delete your information, you may submit a request to us by email at email@example.com. Our response to your inquiry may include, as applicable:
· The categories of personal information we collected about you.
· The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
· If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
o sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
o disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We cannot delete your personal information without also deleting your account. Please also note that personal information you provide through interactive features of the Website – such as by commenting or interacting with our forum or blog, may continue to be retained by other users indefinitely and may be shared publicly by those users.
Depending on the law that applies where you live, you may have additional rights, such as the right to object to further processing of your personal information, the right to request restrictions on such processing, or request that we send your information to another organization of your choice (where technically feasible).
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to any request. In any event, we will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Opting Out. If you no longer wish to receive promotional and marketing communications from us, you may do so by logging into your account at https://live.bonsaimirai.com/sign_in, going to your “My Account” page at https://live.bonsaimirai.com/account, and changing your communications preferences at the bottom of the page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, you can stop receiving certain types of email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications.
Improper Collection and Misuse of Personal Information. Please report any improper collection or misuse of personal information to email@example.com. Depending on the law where you live, you may also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Our Contact Information
International Bonsai Mirai, LLC
PO Box 1121
St. Helens, Oregon, USA 97051
Toll Free +1 888 710 1441